2008 – Ph. D. in Physical and Mathematical Sciences (Geophysics), M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation;
1993 – M.Sc. in Geophysics. M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation.
2013 – present: Signor Scientist, Laboratory “Theory of Earthquake Prediction”, Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Earthquake Prediction Theory and Mathematical Geophysics (IEPT RAS), Moscow;
1991 – 2013: Researcher, Laboratory “Theory of Earthquake Prediction”, Institute of Earthquake Prediction Theory and Mathematical Geophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow.
Skills & Interests:
Research interests are ranging from the analysis of spatio-temporal characteristics of seismicity (earthquake occurrence, temporal evolution and space-time correlation) to the implications for seismic hazard assessment, with special attention to issues related to testing and validation of the applied methodologies. Main scientific contributions are related with analysis of global and regional earthquake catalogs, analysis of seismicity and its evolution and correlation at various space and time scales, operational and validation the analysis based on the Unified scaling law for earthquakes; development of an integrated operational procedure for the time-dependent neo-deterministic seismic hazard assessment, based on the Unified scaling law for earthquakes, study of seasonal modulation of seismic activity.
Identifiers in citation databases:
ResearchGate: A. К Nekrasova
Articles in scientific journals (peer-reviewed publications), 2016-present
- Nekrasova A., Peresan A., Unified Scaling Law for Earthquakes: Space-Time Dependent Assessment in Friuli-Venezia Giulia Region, Frontiers in Earth Science, Geohazards and Georisks, 8, 590724, 2021, DOI:10.3389/feart.2020.590724
- Nekrasova A.K., Kossobokov V.G., The Unified Scaling Law for Earthquakes. J. Volcanolog. Seismol. 14, 353–372, 2020, DOI:10.1134/S0742046320060056
- Bukchin B. G., Fomochkina A. S., Kossobokov V. G., Nekrasova A. K., Characterizing the Foreshock, Main Shock, and Aftershock Sequences of the Recent Major Earthquakes in Southern Alaska, 2016–2018, Frontiers in Earth Science, 8, 506, 2020, DOI:10.3389/feart.2020.584659
- Nekrasova AK; Kossobokov, VG; Parvez, IA; Tao X, Unified Scaling Law for Earthquakes as Applied to Assessment of Seismic Hazard and Associate Risks. Izvestiya – Physics of the Solid Earth, 56, 1, 83–94, 2020. DOI:10.1134/S1069351320010097
- Kossobokov, V.G., Nekrasova, A.K. Aftershock Sequences of the Recent Major Earthquakes in New Zealand. Pure Appl. Geophys. 176, 1–23, 2019. DOI:10.1007/s00024-018-2071-y
- Kossobokov V.G., Nekrasova A., Earthquake Hazard and Risk Assessment based on Unified Scaling Law for Earthquakes: Altai-Sayan Region. Natural Hazards. 93(3): 1435–1449, 2018. DOI:10.1007/s11069-018-3359-z
- Parvez I. A., Nekrasova A., Kossobokov V., Seismic hazard and risk assessment based on Unified Scaling Law for Earthquakes: thirteen principal urban agglomerations of India. Nat Hazards 92, 1509–1522, 2018. DOI:10.1007/s11069-018-3261-8
- Kossobokov V.G., Nekrasova A.K., Characterizing Aftershock Sequences of the Recent Strong Earthquakes in Central Italy. Pure Appl. Geophys. 174, 3713–3723, 2017. DOI:10.1007/s00024-017-1624-9
- Pravez I., Nekrasova A., Kossobokov V., Earthquake Hazard and Risk Assessment Based on Uniﬁed Scaling Law for Earthquakes: State of Gujarat, India, Pure Appl. Geophys. 174, 1441–1452, 2017. DOI:10.1007/s00024-017-1475-4
- Nekrasova A., Kossobokov V., Tao X., Tao Z., Wang L., Spatial pattern of seismicity in Central China recognized by USLE. World Earthquake Engineering 32(2): 170–175, 2016 (in Chinese).
Selected papers and book chapters, before 2016
- Nekrasova A., Peresan A., Kossobokov V.G., Panza G.F., Chapter 7: A new probabilistic shift away from seismic hazard reality in Italy?, In: B. Aneva and M. Kouteva-Guentcheva (eds.), Nonlinear Mathematical Physics and Natural Hazards, Springer Proceedings in Physics 163, 2015. DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-14328-6_7
- Nekrasova A., Kossobokov V., Parvez I.A., Tao X., Seismic hazard and risk assessment based on the unified scaling law for earthquakes. Acta Geod Geophys, Volume 50, Issue 1, Page 21–37. 2015. DOI:10.1007/s40328-014-0082-4
- Panza G.F., Kossobokov V., Peresan A., Nekrasova A., Chapter 12. Why are the standard probabilistic methods of estimating seismic hazard and risks too often wrong? In: Wyss M, Shroder J (eds) Earthquake Hazard, Risk, and Disasters. Elsevier, London, 309–357, 2014. DOI:10.1016/B978-0-12-394848-9.00012-2
- Nekrasova A., Kossobokov V., Peresan A., Magrin A., The comparison of the NDSHA, PSHA seismic hazard maps and real seismicity for the Italian territory. Natural Hazards 70 (1): 629–641, 2014. DOI:10.1007/s11069-013-0832-6
- Parvez I.A., Nekrasova A., Kossobokov V., Estimation of seismic hazard and risks for the Himalayas and surrounding regions based on Unified Scaling Law for Earthquakes. Natural Hazards 71(1): 549–562; 2014. DOI:10.1007/s11069-013-0926-1
- Wyss M., Nekrasova A., Kossobokov V., Errors in expected human losses due to incorrect seismic hazard estimates. Natural Hazards, 62 (3): 927–935; 2012. DOI:10.1007/s11069-012-0125-5
- Kossobokov, V., Nekrasova A.K., Global Seismic Hazard Assessment Program (GSHAP) Maps Are Misleading. Problems of Engineering Seismology, 38 (1), p. 65–76, 2011, (in Russian).
- Nekrasova, A., Unified Scaling Law for Earthquakes: Implications for seismic active word zones. (Ph. D thesis), M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, p.1–136, 2008, (in Russian).
- Nekrasova, A., Kossobokov V., General Law of Similarity for Earthquakes: Evidence from the Baikal Region. Doklady Earth Sciences, Vol. 407A, No. 3, pp. 484–485, 2006.
- Nekrasova, A., Kossobokov V., Temporal variation of the coefficients of Unified scaling law for earthquakes on the east of Honshu island (Japan), Doklady Earth Sciences, Vol. 405A, No. 9, pp. 1352–1355, 2005.
- Molchan, G., Kronrod T., Nekrasova A., Immediate foreshocks: time variation of the b-value. Phys. Earth and Planet. Inter, 111, 229–240, 1999.
- Molchan, G., Kronrod T., Dmitrieva O., Nekrasova A., Hazard-oriented multiscale seismicity model: Italy, Computational seismology and geodynamics, vol. 4, 138–156, 1996.
- Kronrod, T., Nekrasova A., Seismic risk for the world’s major cities: Estimates verified. Computational seismology and geodynamics, vol. 4, 157–165, 1996.
Certificates of intellectual property registration
- Nekrasova Anastasia K., Vladimir G. Kossobokov, Unified Scaling Law for Earthquakes: Global Map of Parameters, ISC’s Seismological Dataset Repository, 2019. DOI:10.31905/XT753V44
- Soloviev A.A., Soloviev A.A., Gvishiani A.D., Kosobokov V.G., Nekrasova A.K., Gorshkov A.I., Nikolova Yu.I., Dzeboev B.A., Nikolov B P., 2019, GIS-oriented database for multicriteria seismic hazard assessment Certificate of State Registration of Databases No. 2019621466 of August 16, 2019.
- Soloviev A.A., Soloviev A.A., Gvishiani A.D., Kosobokov V.G., Nekrasova A.K., Gorshkov A.I., Nikolova Yu.I., Dzeboev B.A., Nikolov B P., 2019, Certificate of state registration of the Toolbox computer program “Multi-criteria seismic hazard assessment” for working in the ArcGIS environment Certificate No. 2019619517 of July 18, 2019.
- Nekrasova A.K., The program for evaluating the coefficients of the General Law of Similarity for Earthquakes (SCE). Certificate on state registration of a computer program No. 2013618171. Of September 2, 2013.